Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Human Body Lapbook

Here is our very first LAPBOOK!


This is the front cover:


The first inside flap:
We used the hand and foot puppets as we sang:
Head, shoulders, knees and toes,
Knees and toes.
Head, shoulders, knees and toes,
Knees and toes.
Eyes, and ears, and mouth,
And nose.
Head, shoulders, knees and toes,
Knees and toes.
We repeat this song, singing it faster with each round, until we can no longer sing for laughing :)

We also sang If You're Happy and You Know It, but I think the puppets preferred the other song ;)








The first inside center:


For this section, I used this face labeling diagram to label the parts of the face as he told them to me.
The paper doll we used to talk about clothing for our bodies: what goes where, when different types are worn etc.

Here is a close up of the boy paper doll (Jonathan).


Here is the second inside center:

As he colored the I will take care of my body
images, we talked about what he could do every day to stay clean and healthy.

With the heart flap up:

Benjamin really liked making this mini My Body book.


Some of the pages from his mini book.


The last inside flap:


The back cover:

He chose to include a drawing of his daddy's body.


Our book list:


The other books on our list:
Human Body,
by Caroline Bingham, a DK Eye Witness Book, 2003
~We loved the detailed pictures. This book was very fun to look at.
My Wonderful Body, by Alexandra Parsons,
A Franklin Watts Book, 1997 First American Edition
~ Very detailed. We enjoyed the cartoon depictions of the body at work.
A Drop of Blood, by Paul Showers, a Let’s-Read-and-Find-Out Science Book, 1989 ed.
~Fun Pictures of a boy and his dog as they discover things about the human body.
Your Insides, by Joanna Cole, 1992 ed.
~The see through pages in this book we’re our favorite. We could lift up the skin page and see muscles and bones. Under that we saw the heart, lungs, and circulatory system. Finally was the brain and nervous system. This book was very fun!

We enjoyed making this book so much I believe lapbooking will become a regular part of our curriculum. Benjamin has repeatedly gone through this book and retold to me the things he has learned. I do believe this was a success!


Other graphics I used:
the human organs
I also used the free site fotosearch.

0 comments: